As those of you who know me already know, I have been unemployed for a few months and have been leisurely enjoying my extended summer. One of the places I've spend a good deal of my outdoorsy time is the MKT and Katy Trails. The MKT connects Columbia to the Katy Trail like so:
The MKT has two separate parallel lanes 300 yards apart but not really.
I want to say that the name 'Katy' is adapted from KT, which stood for Kansas-Texas being the intended start/stop points of the trail. However, I am not a historian in anything besides rap and video games, so I very well could be completely wrong. Anyways, here's a shot of the trail taken while riding on my bike:
Pretty pretty.
I found out something terrifying shortly after getting on my bike. I was not alone! You should be able to predict who was with me by now. The blog is about dogs, not people. So how did I transport the two little ones? I was gifted a bike trailer by a friend who was moving and couldn't take it with him. It works extremely well, here's an action shot:
Spotted ear spotted.
It was merely a trial run, so I only went to Finger Lakes which is probably under five miles on the MKT. The ride may have been a tad bumpy, but the dogs loved it! Just look at this face. The joy is derping out of him.
Derppity.
And so we arrived. It was a nice and slow ride on a beautiful day, a worthwhile excursion for sure. Sir agrees.
How can I herp you today?
I tried to set up a blanket and some water for them, but they were beyond disinterested. The dogs really just walked around the bench in a 50 yard radius trying to pee on and smell every damn thing.
Smiling because Pete did all that for nothing.
And of course I brought my own items of leisure to pass the time while the dogs satisfied their primal instincts. Beer, books, bench, beautiful day. The four B's. I don't think I'll ever use that particular idiom again.
Never carry glass on the trail!
There was a couple across the way with what looked like an Australian shepard running his face off. One of the nice things about small dogs is that you don't need a big area for them to be thoroughly satisfied roaming. Here's a shot of my view/seat:
Lovely.
Well that's about it. I think Teresa and I will take the dogs on a camping trip sometime in the future. Probably not soon since it's going to be getting colder faster sooner (isn't that a Daft Punk song?). Maybe next summer. Sorry guys, you'll have to wait in anticipation like this guy:
This is what staring at god would look like.
because the trip is not as close as this guy:
My tongue is a magic carpet that will take you to worlds of slobbery bliss.
Until next time!




