Friday, August 20, 2010

Moving pictures!

First up we have a video of Sir and Leo casually playing on the couch. I'm never really sure what exactly they accomplish by opening their mouths as wide as possible and shaking them at each other, but if you pay close attention you'll see Sir lock his teeth onto fur a few times. This is low-level play for them, there's no tug-of-warring, no backflips, no chasing, and no humping each other (that's not exactly play, is it?). I apologize for the few seconds in the video where you see that other bigger, pale, and mangey looking dog. No idea who's that is.




Our second moving picture features Leo the Prime Interruptor interrupting the normal daily activities of a rather nasty looking bug. I don't like bugs. So even though you don't witness the death of the beast, you can safely assume that I commanded my minion to exact swift and painful retribution against it. Filthy infidel.



Lately, Sir has been a bit more angry at me. It's probably because I haven't turned the AC on in 4 or 5 days and he's been unable to get any sleep. That's because when Sir tries to burrow, he realizes that it's too hot out and has to lie on top of the blanket like so:

A+ fan usage

This leaves him vulnerable to the never-ending onslaught of cute playfulness that is Leo. Unfortunate, really. Life is hard for Sir, not being able to sleep more than 14 hours a day and only getting 5 or 6 treats a day. Stressful. Hopefully he'll chill out and I'll have to resort to my whip less. And no, it's not an actual whip. What I call my dogwhip is in fact just a spray bottle full of water.

Don't ask why I wear the glove.


It's extremely effective. Which totally makes sense for Sir, because he hates water. Unless he's drinking it. Going out in the rain for a few minutes to pee is comparable to between 5 and 8 Herculean labors for Sir.

Armed only with a Dr. Pepper, he slew the beast.

Sir also hates baths. Leo, on the other hand, loves water. He goes swimming whenever we go to the lake/river and handles baths pretty well. We gave the boys a bath last week and I snagged a few good photos of Leo between all the thrashing and splashing that went on.


You can definitely see the poodleface in full form. Here's another angle:


He's an imposing furball, but when he's wet it's painfully obvious that he weighs under 6 pounds. Now, one last picture. I preface this next one by saying that it didn't turn out at all how I wanted. Leo turned away right when the picture was being taken, resulting in him looking like some creepy living mop.


It's very avant garde, ne c'est pas? Until next time!